Autodesk Framestore Partition Basics
• You can have a total of eight framestore “partitions” configured at any one time on your Flame or Smoke workstation.
• Partition IDs are counted 0-7, so choose an ID that is currently not in use.
• If partitions 1,3,4,7 are currently configured, you can create a new partition using ID number 0,2,5,or 6.
• If all IDs are in use, you can temporarily comment out a partition entry to free up an ID.
• You can bring the original partition location back online under that ID later on when needed.
• Framestore partitions can live on any Autodesk-qualified (XFS, CVFS, etc) storage volume.
Before You Begin
Close Flame or Smoke
Stop Stone & Wire Service
Open stone+wire.cfg to configure your new partition.
Create a Partition Entry that includes the following:
Once Partition Path has been configured, create the folders required and set permissions
Using the example above…
chown -R root:user /ads/di10/stonemedia/smoke1/p2
chmod -R 777 /ads/di10/stonemedia/smoke1/p2
To locate databases
Each database contains two files formatted like this:
-Databases can be moved out of the swdb folder if new db locations are needed, and put back later.
-Make sure to remove them from the folder and not just append their names.
Start Stone & Wire Service
Open Application and verify your new framestore partition is available:
2014 and earlier: A partition selection dialog will appear at application boot.
2015 and later: A partition selection dialog will appear in the Project Configuration Page.